This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change.
You can help the The Batman Universe Wiki by adding new information when it becomes available.
Joining the GCPD
To be added
- Expert Detective: To be added
- Handgun: To be added
- Flashlight: To be added
To be added
Behind the Scenes
- In the DC Comics, James "Jim" Gordon is the Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department, and one of Batman's greatest allies and close friends. He is a controversial political figure in Gotham City because of his willingness to work alongside a vigilante, but he is one of the most honest police officers in the service, on occasion struggling against corruption from within. He frequently works outside the law when necessary, although he maintains a strict and unbreakable moral code.
- Jim Gordon in The Batman is the sixth live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnations portrayed by Lyle Talbot, Neil Hamilton, Pat Hingle, Gary Oldman, Ben McKenzie, and J. K. Simmons.
- J. K. Simmons was originally going to appear in The Batman, with the actor expressing interest in reprising his role. However, Matt Reeves decided to recast the role, wanting to disassociate the film with the DC Extended Universe.
- Before Jeffrey Wright was cast, director Matt Reeves originally wanted Mahershala Ali for the role of James Gordon.
- This version of Jim Gordon is the first to be a character of color, while in other depictions, Jim Gordon is a white man.
- Xavier Lake was a stunt double for Jeffrey Wright in the role of James Gordon.
- James Gordon will serve as the main protagonist of GCPD.
- "The Batman: TV Spin-Off Will Reportedly Focus on James Gordon" - IGN
- "'The Batman' Targets Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive)" - The Hollywood Reporter
- "The Batman: Reported Casting Could Reveal Spoilers About Jim Gordon" - ComicBook.com
- Reeves, Matt, Tomlin, Mattson, & Craig, Peter (writers); Reeves, Matt & Clark, Dylan (producers); & Reeves, Matt (director) (March 4, 2022). The Batman.