The Penguin is an upcoming American web television miniseries, based on the DC Comics character of the same name. The series will serve as a standalone sequel/spin-off to The Batman and the first television series to be set in The Batman Universe. The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television and 6th & Idaho and will be released on HBO Max.
To be added
To be added
By September 2021, HBO Max was in development on another spin-off series from Reeves and Clark, this one focusing on the Penguin. Lauren LeFranc was hired to write the series, and Farrell had been approached about reprising his role from the film though no deal had been made. It was compared to the film Scarface (1983).
On March 9, 2022, The Hollywood Reporter announced that HBO Max has ordered a straight-to-limited-series order for The Penguin, confirming the title and Lauren LeFranc as the series writer and showrunner. On March 25, the series was confirmed to begin production in Los Angeles on June 15.
- "Lauren LeFranc" - Twitter
- "‘The Batman’ Spinoff Series About Penguin in Early Development at HBO Max" - Variety
- "Colin Farrell to Reprise Penguin Role in 'The Batman' Spinoff Series for HBO Max (EXCLUSIVE)" - Variety
- "‘The Batman’ Spinoff Series Centered On The Penguin In The Works At HBO Max" - Deadline
- "HBO Max Orders ‘The Batman’ Spinoff ‘The Penguin’ Starring Colin Farrell" - The Hollywood Reporter
- 'The Penguin' - Production List